There are so many reasons to zip on your UV 50+ swim shirt to keep your kids sun safe. We have made a list of our top 5 reasons why SwimZip rash guards are so important.
1. The SwimZip light-weight fabric of a uv-protective shirt wicks moisture from your skin and dries quickly to keep you cool, even during peak sunshine hours of the day.
2. You will save money on sunscreen and limit the amount of chemicals being absorbed into your skin from the use of sunscreen because you don’t need to wear sunscreen UNDER your uv-protective swim shirt or clothing. Just focus on the exposed extremities like your hands, feet, neck, and face.
3. You can wash your uv-protective swim shirt and swimsuit repeatedly without losing the UPF that is woven into the fabric. A new uv-protective swim shirt has a beginning UPF of 50+. Towards the end of it’s life cycle (40 washes or more) there is still an end UPF of at least 50.
4. UV-protective clothing is trendy, comes in awesome colors and designs, is versatile and can be used in water, on a hike or a day at the county fair!
5. UV-protective clothing with a UPF 50+ protects against 98% of UVA and UVB rays all day, every day!
What’s the difference between UPF and SPF? (You can read more about why you should choose uv-protective clothing as your first line of sun defense at http://www.SwimZip.com )
SPF = for Sunscreen
UPF = for Clothing & Swimwear
UPF stands for Ultraviolet Protection Factor.
The chart below comes from the Australian/New Zealand Standard For Sun Protective Clothing and Swimwear:
(Note that a regular t-shirt has an UPF ranging from 7-10. Not enough to fully protect your skin from UVA or UVB rays for long periods of time)
UPF Ratings and Protection Categories
UPF Rating Protection Category % UV radiation Blocked
UPF 15 – 24 Good 93.3 – 95.9
UPF 25 – 39 Very Good 96.0 – 97.4
UPF 40 – 49 Excellent 97.5 or more
UPF50+ Considered the Ultimate in UV Sun Protection
2013 reviews say SwimZip sun protective clothing and rash guard bathing suit styles are perfect for infant, baby, newborn toddler, and girl or boy children of any age. SwimZip best rated SPF rashguard swim suit sets with sun protection come in boy and girl kid sizes 0-3 month, 3-6 month, 6-12 month, 12-18 month, 18-24 month, 1t, 2t, 3t, 4t, 5t, Size 6, Size 7, Size 8, Size 9. Spf sun shirt, sun screen shirt, upf shirt, best rated sun shirt, shirt with sunscreen, long sleeve sun shirt. Award winning SwimZip sun protection swim wear, with its signature full zipper, offers the best boy and girl swimwear.
For all your UPF 50+ kid rashguard swimsuit and swimwear needs, be sure to visit http://www.swimzip.com … SwimZip makes UV sun protection a zip!